Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the process of improving the visibility of a website or web page in a search engine’s “natural,” or un-paid (“organic”), search results. In general, the earlier (or higher ranked on the search results page), and more frequently a site appears in the search results list, the more visitors it will receive from the search engine’s users.
The most important component to good SEO and getting your site ranked high is good, rich content that’s relevant to the search terms your target audience uses to find your website. Another part is keyword analysis in order to find the most commonly used keywords people use to find your business, and then optimize your pages for those keywords.
We also use other SEO techniques to increase your website ranking, which include:
- Rewrite URLs so they include targeted keywords
- Dynamically generate sitemaps, so they don’t have to be rebuilt manually when you add new pages to your website
- Creation of Google Analytics and Webmaster Tools accounts
- Creation of Google Places and Yahoo Local listings
- Creation of search engine friendly site map (XML sitemap)
- Creation of optimal robots.txt file to exclude pages from search results
- Image alt tag optimization recommendations
- Creation of custom 404 error page and 301, 302 redirects