Search Engine Optimization
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the process of improving the visibility of a website or web page in a search engine’s “natural,” or un-paid (“organic”), search results. In general, the earlier (or higher ranked on the search results page), and more frequently a site appears in the search results list, the more visitors it will receive from the search engine’s users.
The most important component to good SEO and getting your site ranked high is good, rich content that’s relevant to the search terms your target audience uses to find your website. Another key part is keyword analysis in order to find the most commonly used keywords people use to find your business. And then optimize your pages for those keywords, followed by analyzing Google Analytics reports and making adjustments where needed to help maximize your conversion rate and ultimately gain customers.
We also use other SEO techniques to increase your website ranking, which include:
- Creation of Google Analytics and Webmaster Tools accounts
- Set up Google Analytics custom views, event tracking, goals, conversions, and custom reports to analyze SEO performance and make adjustments where needed, so your site converts customers
- Creation of Google Places and Yahoo Local listings
- Creation of search engine friendly site map (XML sitemap)
- Creation of optimal robots.txt file to exclude pages from search results
- Rewrite URLs so they include targeted keywords
- Dynamically generate sitemaps, so they don’t have to be rebuilt manually when you add new pages to your website
- Image alt tag optimization recommendations
- Creation of custom 404 error page and 301, 302 redirects