WordPress is Our CMS Choice for Web Development
The founder of WordPress, Matt Mullenweg, said it best. “WordPress is web software you can use to create a beautiful website or blog. We like to say that WordPress is both free and priceless at the same time.” WordPress started as a blogging platform, but over the years, it has evolved to a fully fledged content management system (CMS). WordPress now has an enormous support and volunteer community which has resulted in thousands of themes, plugins and widgets giving us the ability to transform your site into anything you can image. 27 percent of the Internet is using WordPress to power their website, including big names like BBC America, Sony Music, eBay Inc, Best Buy and The Rolling Stones to name a few.
Why Do I Need a CMS?
A content management system (CMS) is ideal for website owners who want the ability to maintain their own website without hiring a web professional. A CMS allows you to maintain web pages and/or posts for your blog from multiple authors without any HTML experience.
Other benefits a CMS provides:
- Ability to create and design web pages using a simple editor without any HTML experience.
- Decentralized maintenance – can maintain all aspect of website from anywhere using a simple web browser.
- User permissions – assign roles and permissions to prevent content from being edited by unauthorized users.
- Content scheduling – pages or posts can be scheduled to go live at a future date automatically.
- Adding features – customize and extend the functionality of your website via plugins.