What is Search Engine Optimization?
SEO is the process of improving the visibility of a website or a web page in a search engine’s “natural,” or un-paid (“organic”), search results. In general, the earlier (or higher ranked on the search results page), and more frequently a site appears in the search results list, the more visitors it will receive from the search engine’s users.
We focus mainly on “technical SEO”, which means writing semantic HTML code using high ranking tags and setting up your site so that keywords naturally go where they’re supposed to in the code when adding content via the CMS, and writing code using “source order” technique so that important and most relevant content stays high in the source code, and things like sidebars, or navigation in some cases, come after in the code regardless of where it is physically on the page.
The other half of SEO is creating good, rich content, that’s relevant to the targeted keywords or search terms used to find your website.
We also use other SEO techniques to increase your website ranking, which include:
- Rewrite URLs so they include targeted keywords
- Build title and meta tag tools, so you can manage this content through a web tool instead of having to edit code directly
- Dynamically generate sitemaps, so they don’t have to be rebuilt manually when you add new pages to your webiste
- Creation of Google Analytics and Webmaster Tools accounts
- Creation of Google Places and Yahoo Local listings
- Creation of search engine friendly site map (XML sitemap)
- Creation of optimal robots.txt file to exclude pages from search results
- Image alt tag optimization recommendations
- Creation of custom 404 error page